The settlement of Kurds has a centuries-old history. The Kurdish prince builds a church named after Holy Mother of God. In 1661, the church was repaired. During the Soviet years, it was turned into a warehouse. In 1958, the village moves to the southeast, to present-day Lernadzor, and the church remains the only living witness of the village. In May, 2022 excavations begin, the church is restored within a year. On September 9, 2023, the Holy Mother of God of Kurdistan will be re-consecrated. It was a real holiday for the people of Lernadzor: the beloved shrine got a second life. The people of Ghent Dzor share their emotions and stories.
Telecast type: Հաղորդում